This special report is being sent because we discovered that some studios are paying WAY to much for monthly marketing and hosting fees ($500/month and more!) This important article tells you what should be spending monthly with web and/or marketing companies as well as what types of reporting you should expect in terms of reporting as well as return on your investment.
WEB SITE COSTS
1) MONTHLY FEES: If you are paying more than $30/month for your website, you are paying too much. Calculate what you are paying monthly- some services charge as much as $100 or more per month. In two short years, that comes to over $2400! Dance Studio Web Design hosting ($25/month) includes daily back up, as well as telephone support if you forget how to do something.
2) URL: The name of your website should cost more than $10-$20/year. Places to get URL's include GO DADDY or REGISTER .com. DO NOT let your web developer buy the URL in THEIR NAME. YOU should own it!
3) ANALYTICS: Can you track where you are getting traffic from and what pages you get the most traffic? This can help you see how your social media or other digital advertising is performing. Dance Studios Web Design will embed Google Analytics to your website for a $25 fee. Most companies charge $75 or more!
EXAMPLE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
4) START UP COSTS: Our dance and cheer studio's fees are fixed and start at $600. But then you OWN that website. You don't pay that cost every year. For $1000 you can get a customized back ground and help adding your content.
5) ADDING CONTENT: You should be able to add as many pages videos, and images that you want...by YOURSELF! If you can't, you might considering making a change. There is no reason for a web developer to have to manage your site for you.
There are a lot of companies out there that don't charge for the website but charge ridiculously high fees (starting at $500 per month) for marketing. That can cost you over $5000 per year! That is GREAT if you are getting $5000 worth of clients to pay for that cost.
Should you decide to go with a company that provides you with that type of service make sure that you ask for the following REPORTS at least once or twice monthly.
How many clicks are you getting? It is important to know COST PER CLICK. You should NOT pay more than $10/click. More likely, you should be paying $2-$5 per click, but it depends on how competitive your market is.
EXAMPLE OF AN AD WORDS CAMPAIGN
- How many impressions (i.e. how many times does your ad run?)
- What does the ad say and look like (if you have banner advertising)
- How much money is spent on each ad?
- Where is the ad running geographically? This might seem like a NO BRAINER but we are based in NYC and I got an ad from one of my clients BASED IN CANADA!
- You can not just SET IT AND FORGET IT. This is a big investment for your studio and, like your financial investments need to be monitored in order to make sure that you are getting return on your investment.